Thursday, February 19, 2009

Post 29

Post 34
My Truckalogue

The first thing I do at PT is get on a machine kinda sorta like this one:
Hand Cycle
The machine I use has an adjustable seat built in - a big piece of equipment. I hand pedal forward for 5 minutes, then backwards for 5 minutes.

Then I do two kinds of exercises with the pulley deal - 30 of each so far:
Shoulder Pulley

Then I go to the giant rubber bands:
Rubber band Pull
There are 4 types of exercises I do here - I try for 30 each. On the first two types, I'm facing the wall where the band's anchored. First I pull the band towards me, bending my elbow so that my forearm is perpendicular to my body. Then I pull the band down to my side, keeping my arm straight. I can do 30 of each of these with only a little discomfort.

In another type of exercise I stand sideways - like the girl in the picture - and pull the band out while keeping my elbow to my side. 30 of these is an extraordinary effort. The muscles in my upper arm eventually feel like they're gonna burst into flames from the inside - somewhere close to the bone.

And then I face the other way and do just what I did above. Same results. Just barely made 30 today.

I need to point out that the girls don't want me to aggrivate the injury, and don't push me to do 30 of these (or any other exercise). But I'm a firm believer in "no pain, no gain." In my mind, that burn means I'm accomplishing something.

I do several other types of exercises with various equipment, but another one that hurts is this one:
Lift weight up
All I do is lift the weight from the table to where she has it - not very far. But I had to quit at 24 today.

I uploaded a couple of other pics to my Photobucket account, but I'll post them the next time I talk about PT. It's 8:30pm now, and I want to wrap this up. Gotta go to Dothan and back tomorrow....

In other news, I took Mother to get her drivers license renewed today.

And that just about covers today, I think.